Do you want to make a photography website? Here are some tips to attract more clients
If you’re gifted at capturing stunning moments with cameras and you are seeking to make a profit or expand your popularity, a photography website is essential.
One of the biggest challenges of any new venture or venture is getting the right publicity and gaining potential customers. This is the reason understanding how to build the perfect website is essential.
Without a photography site, only your closest friends, customers directly, or followers on social media will be aware of your work. However, with a photography site, you can make the world your clientele.
Are you interested in the most important aspect? You can build an online website to show off your photos in 5 easy steps:
Step 1. Select a Domain name:
The first step you must take when you create a photography site is simple, coming up with the name for your website.
Fortunately, buying a domain name is an easy procedure. Before you begin, be sure you come up with some ideas, and then utilize a domain search tool to determine if they’re open to registering.
Here are some suggestions to identify your photographer’s website:
- Make it short and easy: Although it might be more difficult to find, a less cluttered name is simpler for your guests to remember.
- Avoid using hyphens or symbols: Don’t make it too complicated to write. Some symbols are easily confused with other letters, too.
- Choose .com: Because it is the most widely used TLD and the most well-known, it is the .com domain is an excellent and professional choice for your photography website.
Step 2. Find a Web Hosting plan:
You’ll then need to find a suitable location for hosting your photography website. Be sure the hosting provider you choose to use has the website editor options as well as all the tools you require to create your ideal website.
If you’re using Atozsever’s shared hosting it is not necessary to be concerned about everything. You’ll have everything you require to establish a solid online presence. For example:
- A custom control panel: Control every aspect that comes with your hosting services in the same location.
- Domain registration is free: Plans for Business and Premium Annual offer the free .com; .net; .org; .online, or .xyz domain registration.
- Professional email provider: Make domain-based emails and utilize them to communicate with customers and visitors.
- 1-click installer: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and a myriad of other well-known websites are within your reach.
- Builder for websites: It includes a drag-and-drop tool, various themes, and a user-friendly interface.
If you require greater power at some point in the near future, Atozserver offers an easy upgrade alternative to cloud hosting.
Step 3. Select the right platform for your photography Website:
There are many web builders you can utilize to build a photography site however, none stand out as well as WordPress. It is among the top CMS platforms to build a website. Here are a few of the benefits offered:
- Simple to install: Manual installation should take no more than five minutes. On Hostinger you can make it much faster using the 1-click installer.
- has a large community: WordPress is supported by thousands of developers and contributors across the world.
- No technical skills are required: While having coding expertise can aid, creating an online photography site using a WordPress site is able to be created without ever writing a single piece of code.
- Rich features: A collection of themes and plugins allows you to easily include new features and enhance your content.
Other well-known website builders comprise Joomla as well as Drupal. However, they come with a higher learning curve and have a less extensive range of extensions and templates. So we suggest trying WordPress first.
Step 4. Personalize Your Photography Website:
The fun part is now creating a custom design for all the elements of your portfolio site. Take a look at some websites for inspiration to inspire you! In the next section, we’ll cover the key elements of your site that you must cover prior to beginning your journey.
Select a Theme:
Finding the perfect template could take some time however, there are many WordPress Photography themes to pick from. Here are some of the most popular-
This clean and simple theme can assist in getting your stunning website online. Use features like blog layouts and testimonials, SEO tools, and more customized options.
When you’ve found your ideal WordPress theme Follow these steps to add it to your WordPress website. The theme can be customized with photos.
- Go through the Dashboard> Appearance section
- Hit on the “Add New button
- The theme’s name should be entered in your search box (or choose to use upload theme If there is an archive)
- Select Install after which click activate it to apply it.
After that, go to the Appearance and then the customizing section to change your theme footers, headers, sidebars and site’s identity, and more.
Install the plugins:
The next step is to incorporate some basic features into your site, which you can accomplish via using WordPress plugins. Here are a few of the top ones currently available:
- Yoast SEO: A tool that can be used for every SEO need. Everything from website maps as well as canonical URLs, to Meta descriptions and titles, you’ll be able to modify everything.
- Envira Gallery: Drag-and-drop tool that allows you to quickly create a WordPress photo gallery.
- Contact Form 7 or WPForms: You can create multiple forms of contact forms on your site’s page.
- TinyPNG: Image quality is vital since it has a significant impact on the performance of your website. Since a portfolio website that features photography has to load quickly and therefore, it is recommended to use compression for your images.
To add a new WordPress plugin to your website to make it work, follow these steps:
- Start the plugins and then add a New section on your dashboard.
- Input the name in your search box (or select to search in the upload plugin section if you’ve got an archive)
- Simply click to Install Now and activate it to allow it
- Click on Plugins > Installed plugins to control it
Set Up a Photo Gallery:
Every photography website should have galleries to show off the stunning photos you’ve taken.
If you’ve installed Envira Gallery (there are other plugins to choose from too) This is simple to do. This is how you can create a photo gallery.
- Check out your photos and choose the best
- Optimize them using TinyPNG to get the best performance
- You can access your Envira Gallery section on your dashboard
- Hit on the “Add New button
- Upload the images
- Save the gallery, and you’ll receive the shortcode
- Copy the shortcode and paste it into a blog post to make your gallery appear.
Create an About Me Page:
A further important element of your portfolio website for photography should be introductions. Make it easy with an about me and about Us page. In your description remember to:
- Keep it simple, short and captivating
- Let your passion for photography shine through.
- Let the world know why you’re the most effective at what you do.
Implement a Contact Form:
The creation of a photography website can be a fantastic method to generate leads and create new opportunities for business. A simple way for your visitors to connect with you is to set up an online Contact form using WPForms. WPForms plugin.
Once you have installed it, visit Dashboard > WPForms Create New and create the form.
Choose the Form or start with a blank. Complete the necessary information and select Save when you’re done.
Step 5. Plan Your Website’s Growth:
When you have the first edition of the portfolio website about photography up and running do not plan to stop your progress. Here are five suggestions to help you develop your portfolio into something more and more impressive than your average web-based project.
Create a Blog Post Series:
In the ideal scenario, we want users to come across you first when they search for photography-related terms. Beginning with a blogging posting series can be a good move in this direction. Here’s what you can do:
- Perform keyword research to identify potential article topics
- Look up their popularity by using free tools to research keywords
- Check out the top-ranking results of the selected keywords
- Make post drafts, and then write down your thoughts
There are many possibilities based on the goals you intend to accomplish on your photography site. For instance, you can write reviews about cameras and include affiliate links to earn extra revenue.